About Me

SIMPLY...plainly: without embellishment. Just so you'll have no expectations, that's why I named my blog "Simply Sherrie". I don't do much on the computer, I'm not very creative, and our daily routine with just Reg, Suki (our cat) and myself is not very exciting. So here we go, the important thing is that my life as a blogger is about to begin......

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sherrie's Simple Sunday This week took us up north, so most of my favorites of the week took place there with family. It was Brittney and Mitchells' B-Days and Jen was doing her Christmas show so away we went, Reg and I with Lucy and Shanel in the back seat.
These are the things I want to remember. . . .


1. Friday night we went and saw Jen perform in "It's a Wonderful Life." This is Jen and Lance after the performance, they are so cute together. I am so grateful that they found each other . The show was really good and Jen just gets so into character with her animation and of course her wonderful dancing. Afterwords Jen, Lance, Shanel, Wendy, Reg and I went to the Little America and had a yummy late dinner. The food is always so good there especially the rolls, but I was good I only had one when usually I would probably of had three. We all had a good laugh as our little Vietnamese was waitress was a crack up. It was a fun night.
2. I really was happy to be reminded of the message from It's A Wonderful Life. Poor George Bailey thought he was a failure because his life did not go as he had "planned," had hoped for and had dreamed of. But how often does that actually happen? We need to make the best of the current situation were in and try to help others along the way. Then when this mortal probation is over hopefully we to can look back on our lives and see what positive difference we have made, just like George.
3. Brittney, my oldest granddaughter turned 12 on the 4th of December. She has evolved from a darling little girl to a beautiful young woman with beautiful Snow White skin and and the most beautiful "shinny"dark hair. She loves lime green and hot pink and has a darling room with those colors. She has much better computer skills than I do, is a good student, a great babysitter to her little brothers and is kind and patient to all her younger cousins.


She got to choose where to eat on her birthday so we all headed to the Brick Oven, which is also one of my favorite places in Provo. She has loved pizza her whole life so I think that one of the reasons she wanted to go there, not to mention the yummy home made root beer. We all had a fun time and Reg and I were so happy we could be there for the party!


4. On Saturday the 6th it was Mitchell's 10th birthday. He is our oldest grandson who also has grown up way too fast also. He was the cutest baby, with the biggest blue eye and the chubbiest legs you ever saw. He is no longer chubby just getting taller each time I see him, but he still has amazing eyes. In a few years the girls are going to be swarming I'm afraid. Mitchell is an avid reader like his mother, as well as a good student. He has always been a deep thinker and makes us all laugh with his "Big" words. He loves BYU football and is excited to start playing basketball in January. He even got new basketball shoes for his B-Day.
He wanted to go to Cheesecake Factory as they have his favorite omelette's there. Then we returned to his house to have chocolate lava cakes which he requested and open presents. Again we were so blessed to be there for the celebration and for darling grandchildren that bring us such joy.

5. I am so grateful that we found our "missing Cade!" On Sat. after 15 of us left the Cheesecake Factory we ventured through the terrible crowd to Nordstrom . Everyone kind of went there own separate ways, the cousins here and there with different adults up and down escalators etc. Suddenly I got this thought, "Cade is not here, I haven't seen him since the restaurant." After checking in with everyone sure enough he was missing. The store went in lock down mode, and thy started announcing our little 4 year olds description on the loud speaker. It was a panicked moment and we were all praying frantically. Jason sprinted back to the Cheesecake Factory and there was little Cade in tears with a manager. We all felt so bad.....and were grateful he was safe and not out in the parking lot looking for us. Lesson, never try and go to the mall with 15 people on a Sat. in December with all the Christmas shoppers.
6. I am so grateful we don't have traffic in St. George! Friday night we were on the freeway for 2 hours trying to get from Lehi to Salt Lake. It was a terrible flashback from all the years we spent in stop and go traffic in Calif. I can be anywhere in St. George in 15 min. That makes me happy.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Sunday Six Sherrie but now I don't get to hear about your trip first hand because I've already read about it, oh well, maybe you'll have a few more details. Oh my gosh, I nearly got sick over the story of Cade, that must have happened right after I talked to you on the phone, how scary, I'm so glad you found him so quickly. Sounds like the weekend was very fun but hectic...15 for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory sounds fun??? Well good job on keeping up on your blog, you're doing just great!

Jen and Lance said...

I love that! So many things to be grateful for! Thanks so much for coming and seeing my show and always being so supportive! I am blessed with great family! I 'll never forget the dinner with the fast talking vietnamese waitress!

Shanel said...

Or the slow talking Jen!

Mom...I am so sorry I have not commented on your wondeful "Sunday Six." It has been a busy week, no excuses. I agree with all of them. Amen

Kristin said...

Thanks grandma for visiting me on my birthday! And taking all of us to Brick Oven and Cheese Cake Factory it was really yummy!!! Love, Brittney

Kris said...

What a fun packed week...fun except for losing Cade. My goodness, that must have scared you all to death. It is great to see your photos.

Yum yum...Brick Oven