About Me

SIMPLY...plainly: without embellishment. Just so you'll have no expectations, that's why I named my blog "Simply Sherrie". I don't do much on the computer, I'm not very creative, and our daily routine with just Reg, Suki (our cat) and myself is not very exciting. So here we go, the important thing is that my life as a blogger is about to begin......

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fun in the Sun with the SARAGERS'

Last night we returned from spending (almost) a week with John, Shenise and Lane. This was our "off" year for Thanksgiving, so instead of Reg, Mom and myself hanging out by ourselves we hopped on a plane and spent a wonderful holiday in Arizona. Shenise had the house perfect in every way. She knows how Grandma Shirley doesn't miss a thing, as she manages to look in every drawer, cupboard, closet, etc. John even went out and bought a second refrigerator for all the food they bought. The sad thing is that both refrigerators were so full when we got there and when we left they were almost empty. We ate so-o-o-o much and it was all so good. The best thing is that I think this is the first time in maybe 30 years that I didn't have to stay home and cook. Thanks Shenise for taking over, it was wonderful......
The table was very beautiful. We all know decorating is Shenise's specialty.
We actually got Grandma out to the mall a little,
to dinner and she even went to see Twilight with Shenise and I. Did she like it, "Heavens No"!
Whenever we go to Shenise's she has projects for her Dad. This time he put together an advent calendar made out of barn wood that Eric had to go rip off his Grandpa old shed. Then we had to haul it in a suitcase along with the wire and nails. He also did a little wallpapering, and hung a picture or two. He acts like these are dreaded chores, but truthfully he loves being needed.

Little Lane was just delightful. We really enjoyed spending some one on one time with him. He is talking very well now, fast of course like he does everything else. He is very polite. When he doesn't want to do do something or eat something or go somewhere, he always says "No, no thanks!" Like at night I would take him upstairs read him a story, sing a song or two and when I would actually try to put him in bed he would say "No, no thanks!"

He also has a very vivid imagination. Every time you see him he has a different kind of hat on. His favorite is to be a pirate and you have to wear a pirate hat as well. Grandma Shirley made a pretty good pirate too, don't you think.


Normally I would be really sad to leave our family in Arizona, but not this time as they will be here for CHRISTMAS and we're excited!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun to read about your Thanksgiving week in Arizona. It sounds like you all had a happy, festive time. I must admit, I'm happy you're home, I always feel better when those I love are where they are "supposed" to be. And now the fun begins...all the shopping, baking, wrapping, spending, etc. I'll be glad when it's over!

Jen and Lance said...

looks like grandma had a fun time baby sitting cane! Looks like a very nice thanksgiving!

Jen and Lance said...

By the way.... those were brown boots.

Shenise said...

We LOVED having you in our home! We miss you but maybe you can get some rest now. Thank you for ALL of your help with the dinner. See you soon!

Shanel said...

I am so sad we were not there to have a great time too! I am with Nancy on that one...we are so glad to have you back.

Grammy Staffy said...

What a great Thanksgiving you had. Shenise has a beautiful home and sets a beautiful table. I know that you must be proud of her.

I'm glad that you had such a nice visit.