About Me

SIMPLY...plainly: without embellishment. Just so you'll have no expectations, that's why I named my blog "Simply Sherrie". I don't do much on the computer, I'm not very creative, and our daily routine with just Reg, Suki (our cat) and myself is not very exciting. So here we go, the important thing is that my life as a blogger is about to begin......

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Week Before Christmas.....Sunday Six


Wow here we are the week before Christmas.....What a fun, busy, festive and blessed week I have had. The season in and of itself is such a highlight of the year for me. But I'm especially excited because ALL of my family will be here for Christmas Eve and Christmas this year. Twenty-one of us will gather together . I've been busy trying to get everything ready for when they start arriving on Tuesday. These were the best of the best for my week. . . . .
MY SUNDAY SIX

1. The greatest relief is that we had to talk in church today and it's OVER! The Bishop asked us last week if we would talk and I've been stressing ever since. It's bad enough to have to talk, but the week before Christmas is way too much pressure!

2. We took Lucy to see Santa. She was not sure she wanted to be there. You can't really tell but she was crying out loud while she pasted that fake smile on her face. We were all cracking up including Santa.

3. I had my third annual cookie exchange on Thurs. We all get together and sample each others cookies, drink some hot cider and have a good visit. It works out well as we ended up with 6 different kinds of cookies. (Shanel was also there, but she was taking the picture.)

Lucy's snowman that her Daddy and her made in front of their house.


4. It snowed and it snowed and it snowed this week! It was just beautiful. It was the most it has snowed since we moved here. We actually got 3 inches at one time. They even had to close the schools as we don't have snow plows here to clear the streets for the buses to get in. Anyway I loved it, it was so festive for the Christmas season.
5.We went to Parowan and helped Grandma Bev make fudge. Every year she makes her famous peanut butter fudge, but this year she said she just couldn't do it. So rather than break the tradition we went up and helped her. It was fun for her as well as us and we think we have all her secrets now on how to have a successful batch!


Before
After

6. My dining room table had become my wrapping station and when we left for Parowan I left the table piled high with unwrapped gifts. Bless Shanel, while we were gone she came over and must of sensed that I was in over my head, literally! When I got home to my surprise she had beautifully wrapped all my presents. This sweet act of kindness is a gift I'll never forget. Thank you Shanel.

6+.This is Reg typing our Christmas letter. It's been his turn the last 2 years and he actually did it this year. Thanks honey.

5 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

What a great week you have had. I can hardly believe that Christmas is so close. I started out early but I am still not quite ready.

I've posted a Christmas poem that I would like to share with you. I hope that you will drop by my blog and read it.

Have a very Merry Christmas

Jen and Lance said...

I wish you would have held the snow off till we got down there! Oh well we love the pics of Lucy and we cant wait to see you all. How long did it take for Big Reg to type the Christmas letter?

Lance

Kris said...

Can you believe that these are the first inside photos of your house I have seen? It is beautiful...not that I ever doubted it would be.

I want to come to the cookie exchange!
Bless Shanel!
Bless Reg! I'll be looking for the newsletter in my mailbox.
And love the snowman.

PS To get music on your blog just scroll to the bottom of my blog and there is a place to 'click' to make your own!

Shanel said...

I didn't think you were in over your head, but I did think that it was weighing on you mind. As you were serving my Grandma Bev...I was serving you!

Anonymous said...

Great Sunday Six Sherrie...I'm so happy your talks are over, I was nervous for you too. The cookie exchange was very fun but way too many cookies!! Lucy looks darling with Santa, sorry she was crying but you can't tell. Have a fun and happy week with all the family, I'm looking forward to seeing them too. Merry Christmas!