About Me

SIMPLY...plainly: without embellishment. Just so you'll have no expectations, that's why I named my blog "Simply Sherrie". I don't do much on the computer, I'm not very creative, and our daily routine with just Reg, Suki (our cat) and myself is not very exciting. So here we go, the important thing is that my life as a blogger is about to begin......

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Six.........

Sherrie's Simple Sunday Six. . . . .


The very best thing that happened this week is that Kristin had a biopsy and it came back negative! We were all so grateful and relieved. Things were a little anxious and bleak for a couple of days, but she got the good news on her birthday so that made for a HAPPY, HAPPY birthday.




Shanel and I took Lucy to the park on Tuesday. Lucy happened to be eating a piece of bread . So we thought, Oh good we can maybe find a little ducky to give a piece to." Well they came from near and far and it pretty much was a stampede. Poor Lucy, one of the ducks got her finger. As usual Shanel and I had a good laugh, but I don't know if Lucy will want to feed the ducks again.



Oh What A Beautiful Morning. . . I woke up Tuesday morning and looked out my window just as the sun was raising. It was so beautiful I had to just stand there and experience the whole thing. I took MANY pictures so I could recall the moment, but there is way too many to post.. I am so grateful for this beautiful place where I live. Who could have a bad day when it starts like this.



On Saturday's I am a bridal attendant at the Temple. I really do love this opportunity to help the brides as they come in. They are always pretty nervous and excited at the same time. I greet them at the front door and take their things from them. Then I take them to the lovely brides room where they get dressed in their wedding dresses. They are all so beautiful. I am reminded of my own wedding day each week. The Temples are the only place where we can be sealed for this time on earth as well as throughout all eternity. Families REALLY can be together forever!

Saturday was Shanel and Eric's anniversary so we took Lucy for the day and night. We had such a fun day. She helped us in the yard planting flowers and pruning fruit trees.



Then we went to the Pizza Factory. . . . Yum. We are so grateful to at least have Lucy here in St. George. Reg and I would be so sad if we didn't have any grandchildren here. To all our other children, all I have to say is just move here too, and we will babysit for you anytime and any place.


THE STEELERS WON THE SUPERBOWL. . . .


HOORAY FOR THEM. . . HOORAY FOR THE PENDLETON BOYS


JOHN YOUR TEAM PLAYED A GREAT GAME AS WELL


4 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

What wonderful things you had to smile about this week. I am happy that Kristin's biopsy turned out negative. What a relief for all of you.

Your little Lucy is so precious. Like you we are thankful to have 1 of our children live close to us.... but... we surely do miss the other three. I wish they would all move back to CA but I don't think there is any chance of that.

How was your ward party that you had at your home last week? I'm sure that it was nice. I was sorry that we couldn't get together with you two or Nancy and Jim last weekend. Hopefully the next time we come to St. George you guys won't be so busy and I won't be so sick and we can enjoy a visit.

If you have a minute look at the pictures of Johnny I posted in my Sunday Six last Sunday when we got home from Utah. He was amazing. We never dreamed that he would get first place in every event. You can bet we were busting our buttons.
Have a good week. Love, Lura

Shanel said...

Yes, we are so glad we live close to you guys. You know you are going to get some crap from the other kids from this post. But your right, if they are jealous then they can move closer. It looks as if Lucy was with you all week...wearing the same outfit! It really did get washed in between those days. Thanks for taking her on Saturday, Eric and I had such a fun day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy about Kristin BUT not so happy about the Steelers winning! But Congratulations to all the Pendleton men nonetheless! The pictures of Lucy are so cute, I'm glad you have at least one grandchild close by. I hope you have a very fun trip up north and another happy week.

Kris said...

So glad for the news about Kristin. Love those good reports.
Lucy is adorable! My goodness. It is such fun having little ones around.
Like you I LOVE the sky. I marvel at the variance in colors. Often I tell Heavenly Father that He is an amazing artist!
Your blog is Simply Wonderful.
Love!