About Me

SIMPLY...plainly: without embellishment. Just so you'll have no expectations, that's why I named my blog "Simply Sherrie". I don't do much on the computer, I'm not very creative, and our daily routine with just Reg, Suki (our cat) and myself is not very exciting. So here we go, the important thing is that my life as a blogger is about to begin......

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day at my house......What did you do?


Valentine's "week" is always a favorite of mine, kind of like the week leading up to Christmas. I have some wonderful memories of parties with my children, PTA room mother projects, romantic get-aways with my sweetheart, and a wonderful tradition of "best friends luncheons" started by the Valentine Queen herself, my friend Kris. For years we gathered together in our fancy dresses and exchanged beautiful gifts and feasted on yummy girlie food. I'll always cherish those times and hope we'll do it again. In the meantime I have been motivated to carry on with my family. Thanks Kris for helping me catch the vision of this fun holiday of LOVE!
This year none of the family came from out of town (how sad) so the celebration just included Mom, Eric, Shanel, Me, Reg, Lucy and of course Suki. We had a PINK breakfast.


Lucy surprised us by reading her own Valentine's card from Grandma Shirley. "Happy Valentine's day, and thank you for the blessings, and the food amen"! We laughed so hard.





We had PINK heart shaped french toast, PINK eggs, PINK hash browns, PINK juice, and PINK whipped cream for the strawberries.

Later in the day we went to lunch with Jim and Nancy (yes we let the men join us for our celebration) and we had yummy cup cakes with PINK frosting.


7 comments:

Shanel said...

Thanks, Mom & Dad. The food was great and it was so fun. You always go the extra mile.

Grammy Staffy said...

Oh my... your Pink breakfast looks like so much fun and so pretty.

I am glad that you had such a special day.

Have a great week ahead. Love, Lura

Anonymous said...

I love the pink breakfast idea, I'm going to try that next year (if I can remember!!) Aren't we lucky that Kris taught us about Valentine's Day, think of all the fun we would have missed! Thanks for the fun lunch, maybe by next year I can join you for a cupcake!
Thanks, too, for the darling gift, I still haven't gotten over how cute it is!!

Jen and Lance said...

WOW Sherrie! Your breakfast looks amazing! I really wish we could've been there and I really hope that someday I can make a meal like that! Thanks again for dinner and the valentines!

Shenise said...

Mama, I need to remember how much I would like to be there next year to celebrate. I always think to myself...next year we need to plan a trip over V-day! And then I forget until the day is upon us. Everything looks lovely! Thank you for sharing the festive traditions with me!

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello again.... I was just stopping by to say hi.

I am sad because I have to say goodbye to my sweet girls... and my week with Marie is over.... but what sweet memories I have.

Have a good week. Love, Lura

Kris said...

OH Sherrie, everything is beautiful. You have carried on our tradition with such grandeur.
The table is beautiful. The food Pinkalicious and the gifts look so lovely.
What a fun lady you are.