About Me

SIMPLY...plainly: without embellishment. Just so you'll have no expectations, that's why I named my blog "Simply Sherrie". I don't do much on the computer, I'm not very creative, and our daily routine with just Reg, Suki (our cat) and myself is not very exciting. So here we go, the important thing is that my life as a blogger is about to begin......

Sunday, February 22, 2009

SHERRIE'S SUNDAY SUMMARY

This past week started out with the thought of having a pretty kicked back week and finishing volume number six of The Great and the Terrible series by Chris Stewart. I've been reading these books for the last month or so. Reg is really into them as well and they have motivated us to becoming more prepared for an emergency. The author was commissioned by Deseret Book to write a series on the last days. These books have really caused us to think, "Oh my gosh this could really happen, we'd better get it together!" Anyway I did finish my book and it was so good. . . .the last book was worth all the stress and agony in the other 5. Good does prevail !On Monday Jason called and needed me to watch their little boys this week as Kristin had three days where she was needing to be gone. She had their ward "spend the day at the Temple "on Wed. She had to work on Thurs. and then had a dental convention on Friday. I was in charge of some things on Wed. and Thurs. night so we decided to meet half way and I would watch the boys
here. We had a wonderful week and Cade and Jack were so good. These grandchildren of ours are the JOY of our lives. . . . . . .eight now with one on the way and hopefully many more to come. Jack spent the week wandering around the house trying to catch Suki. The cat knew just how far ahead of Jack to pace himself without getting caught. Jack was a tired boy when he went to bed each night from all that exercise.

Cade pretty much entertains himself with his Star Wars light saber and a very vivid imagination. He is so much light Jason was, spending hours in a world of his own . He is also so good at Lego's! I bought him a Star Wars Lego set for 7 to 11 year olds and I was worried because he isn't even 5 yet. But he told me he could do it just as long as he had the instructions. Sure enough he had the patience to look at the diagram on each page and put the thing together. Aunt Shanel provided the finishing touches.
It was a beautiful day on Thurs. so we went to the park. Grandpa even stopped by with suckers for all the kids of course. (The candy man) Poor Cade suddenly wasn't feeling well so our outing was cut short. He was much better as soon as we got home and he could use Grandma's bathroom instead of the"disgusting" bathroom at the park!

Jack LOVED his sucker. . . . . . and we loved having the boys this week!

6 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Aren't grand-kids just the greatest ever!!!! I am glad that you got to spend fun times with them this week.

If you get a chance read my blog.... prayers are needed

Have a good week. Love, Lura

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Sherrie,
I love the new background...and I love those fun pictures. Jacks sucker looks tempting the way it stands out all purple like that! :)
Hope your week is a good one!

Anonymous said...

Cute kids, cute pictures, cute new background! Glad you had a happy and busy time. Maybe this will be the "kick-back" week!!

Kristin said...

Thank you soooo much for watching the kids! It was so wonderful having a house that stayed clean and being able to get out a little in the evening! Jason said the kids didn't come home as spoiled as he thought they would! I do think Jack is nervous I'm going to go buckle him in a car and leave again! He is glued to my side every minute and he cries if I leave the room! It was worth it, the break was definitely needed! I only wish I weren't so busy, so I could have enjoyed it even more!

Shenise said...

I LOVE your new background! And those little Pendleton boys sure are cute! I'm glad you were able to spend time with them..I'm sure they had a blast! Now get some rest!

Jen and Lance said...

looks like you guys had some fun! You guys are such great grandparents. Seems like I might have a new book series I better read too.