About Me

SIMPLY...plainly: without embellishment. Just so you'll have no expectations, that's why I named my blog "Simply Sherrie". I don't do much on the computer, I'm not very creative, and our daily routine with just Reg, Suki (our cat) and myself is not very exciting. So here we go, the important thing is that my life as a blogger is about to begin......

Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Sunday Six.........This was a busy week. I had the usual work at the Temple on Tues. morning and Cub scouts on Wed. etc, etc. Add to that Mothers cataract surgery, Relief Society enrichment night, in which I had to make a pot of soup, decorate, a wedding, etc. Anyway it was all good, even though it sometimes starts out bad. Maybe I'll start doing a "Sunday Sucks"list . ( No I would never do that) Anyway these are the things that made me smile this week.
1. You are probably asking yourself "What is this?" Well it's a picture of Christmas decorations, my Christmas tree decorations(sideways that is because I don't know how to rotate the picture) to be exact. Yes I'm here to say that my decorating for the holidays is complete. Not because I usually do this SEVEN weeks before the event, but here's the story... A couple of months ago someone called us from Southern Utah's Home and Garden magazine and asked if we would be one of the "Twelve Homes of Christmas" for this years home tour on Nov. 21 & 22. At a weak moment I said yes and have been stressing about it ever since. So this week I started decorating and have had my whole house torn apart. To make a long story short I accidentally found out that the magazine has gone out of business and the home tour has been canceled. Unfortunately no one bothered to call us or any of the other 11 homes. Were we upset YES, but... we're ready for Christmas!

2. Eric was out of town working this week so Shanel and Lucy stayed with us. (Poor Shanel got in on all the decorating, once again my problems became hers) Lucy made us laugh all week. She is the happiest little girls who is smiling from the moment she wakes up in the morning till she goes to bed at night, which by the way is too late 10:00 or 10:30. She appreciates every little thing you do for her and LOVES everything. Here she is loving here new pajamas. We even had fun decorating because she LOVED every ball, light ,bow, etc.


She really LOVES Suki and I hope someday he will Love her in return. For now you can almost tell by the look on his face that he's just going "Oh no she's here again."

3. I'm grateful that Mother's eye surgery went well. She was so nervous about it. When her Dad had it done something went wrong and he ended up totally blind in that eye. But thanks to improvements in the procedure and a good doctor all went well. In 2 weeks she will have the other one done.

4. It's raining today, we're always grateful for rain in St. George. I do love the things associated with rain, sleeping in, curling up on the couch with a quilt in front of the fireplace, a good book to read and sipping hot chocolate and dipping my toast in it. It really doesn't take much to make me happy.
5. Reg brought me flowers for the second week in a row. Last week he said it was because I hadn't felt well and this week he said it was because he just loved me. Shanel said it's because he just likes the look of fresh flowers on the table! Whatever the reason, it makes me smile.
6. I finally am feeling better. I have not felt great in a long time. First I had a flair up with my neck and was in pain for several weeks. Then I got some kind of virus or flu and struggled with tat but this week I could just go about my daily routine without even thinking about how bad I felt.

6 1/2. Oh yea, I am so grateful I got to vote. That we have the right and responsibility to do so. I continue to pray for the leaders of our country, even though they are going to be Democrats, just kidding.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Sherrie, I loved every word of your Sunday Six.
Although I won't comment on each word I simply must offer condolences regarding all the hard work you put into decorating your home for a defunct event! That is just TERRIBLE! You "Simply" must post some photos of your beautiful Christmastized home.

Tell your mom hi. Lucy is adorable.
AND SO GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!

Craig and I are going to Lura's in a few minutes to see Fran and Dee Doney. They are taking off for a 2nd mission. This one is to Australia!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Sunday Six. Can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations. I'm so happy about your mom's eye surgery, I remember when your Grandpa Steiner lost his sight after his, Harry said he never complained once about it. I've really enjoyed the rain today too, it makes it so cozy indoors. Lucy looks darling in her new pajamas, she's a doll. How nice to get flowers from Reg, I usually just buy them for myself! I'm glad we got to vote too, even though I wasn't really thrilled about either candidate. After Obama won I wondered if I really would have felt any better if it had been McCain....probably not.

Shanel said...

Great Sunday Six. I love to read them every week, although I usually know what they might be. We had a great week at your house, but it is so good to have my husband back at home. I thought for sure you would post a picture of our amazing wreath we did at 11pm. Love you

Grammy Staffy said...

That is really rude of them not to call and tell you the tour was cancelled....but how nice that you are all ready for the holidays and can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labors.

I haven't even started thinking about decorating for Christmas. I just got finished putting up all of my fall decorations.

Have a good week. Did you get my email? I sent you a Sunday Six. Hope you like it.

Love, Lura

Jen and Lance said...

Mom, Jen and I look forward every week to your posts. Thanks for taking the time and I think I enjoyed your email more telling us that we have to leave comments!