About Me

SIMPLY...plainly: without embellishment. Just so you'll have no expectations, that's why I named my blog "Simply Sherrie". I don't do much on the computer, I'm not very creative, and our daily routine with just Reg, Suki (our cat) and myself is not very exciting. So here we go, the important thing is that my life as a blogger is about to begin......

Friday, October 31, 2008

We're Home.... From Canada that is.

Lake Louise


Big Horn Sheep in Radium Hot Springs


Lake Louise


Banff


We just returned from a wonderful week in the Canadian Rockies. We went with our "traveling friends" Jim and Nancy and we determined this was trip # 9 for us. We flew into Calgary and rented a car and drove to Radium Hot Springs where we were staying. We were at a really nice 2 bedroom time share on a golf course. Every morning we woke up to Big Horn Sheep everywhere on the golf course. It was amazing. They actually close the course as this is their rutting season for about 2 weeks and then their gone again. Each day we took day trips to Banff, Lake Louise, Canmore, and spent our last day back in Calgary. If you've never been to this part of the the country it definitely is a "must see". The crystal clear glacier water of the lakes and rivers is absolutely indescribable. Not to mention the fabulous mountains and forests. Calgary is a beautiful, clean, modern, yet quaint, big city with upscale shopping (which will have to wait for another trip, no time no money this time) It was a near flawless trip until my suitcase was not on our plane.... it seams as though it got held up by Homeland Security and did not come in till the next flight. Maybe it was the bottle of sand I had gathered from Bow Falls in Banff that threw them off, who knows? Anyway we always go threw the ritual of getting an"In and Out" for the trip home even if it was close to midnight. Once again it was an unforgettable trip with good company, good food, lots of laughs and great memories. Thanks Jim and Nancy and thanks Reg for driving us safely for hundreds of miles without hitting any wildlife along the way .
(See Nancy's blog for a day by day version and slide show)

5 comments:

Shanel said...

Lucy and I missed you guys, we are glad you are home. Looks amazing! Maybe someday Eric and I can become part of the traveling couples?

Shanel said...

PS...I am so proud of you, your post looks great, and I didn't even get 1 phone call!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this background is fabulous and the new header is to die for....I LOVE IT!! You are so talented and the pictures are so cute...keep up the good work!

Jen and Lance said...

What a fun trip! I didn't even know you guys were gone! It looks like it was beautiful. Lance and I want to come next time! ;)

Grammy Staffy said...

What a wonderful trip and how nice to share it with Nancy and Jim. I am glad that you had such a great experience together.